Friday, January 21, 2011

Lolis and Diahrrea

I dunno what it is, but I always seem to get sick around this time of year....

I had a great time back in the US. Did a lot of the things everyone who knows me would expect me to do and saw mostly all the people I wanted to hang out with. Frosty Faustings III was a big success with a huge turnout and I won the GG singles tournament again and made a little money which helped to pay for my plane ticket. Thanks to everyone who made it out. Full results can be seen here.

I got back to Japan and Matt was already at my house cuz I left my key with Ryoko so that he could stay there for a bit while I was away. He will be staying with me for the next couple weeks.
I picked up Arcana Heart 3 last week when it came out. I dont know how seriously I will end up playing the game and this is the first Arcana game that I really will have tried to even play at all so its quite new to me. Originally I was going to main Nazuna, but then I discovered Yoriko and really like her long range pokes and she has some interesting specials so I think I will give her a try. Also, I was reading up on the character descriptions and I didnt even know her demon god staff is actually named Mike, so I would say it fits me well enough. And... if you flip the first to sylabils around in her name Yoriko pretty much becomes Ryoko. So Ryoko and Mike seems like a good combination to me, heh. I still have only played the game like one day basically but so far its interesting and very different than other fighters than I am used to. I suck right now but hopefully I can at least get decent at it once I get more used to it and play more. Ill still main GG for life though (as long as theres still comp for it).

My first time back to Tokyo was good for the most part. Friday I went there with Matt and Emmet. Matt and Emmet wanted to just go drinking so we had a few beers on the train and then we went to an izakaya along with Emmet's new girlfriend Natsu.

We stayed there for a few hours and then after that we went to Current. Emmet and Natsu ducked out early. It was pretty average and died down quick so Matt and I went to GODZ and PSY as well. After that, we went out to get some Udon at like 6:00 with Jackie and the girl Yui, of whom he is the manager. I knew she was the singer in a band but I didnt know she also did voice acting. Infact, she is the voice actress for the very character I decided to main in AH3, Yoriko. She always seems like the type who doesnt want to attract attention and was sporting her sunglasses at 6:00 am so people wouldnt recognize her so I didnt ask about a bunch of details and stuff about her acting career but I thought it was kinda cool that I know the voice actress for the character I am going to main, lol.

After eating with them, Matt and I went to Tokyo Loose and some old, not-hot Spanish chick was like trying to kiss me and grab Matt's junk but neither of us wanted any part of that and left after one beer lol.

Saturday we woke up and got some quick BK. I also got a haircut at those 1000 yen 10 minute quick cut places. Today the plan was to go to the next Final Roundbats in Shinagawa. Emmet and Natsu were originally going to go watch a Sumo tournament but it was sold out so they opted to join us. We met up with them at Shinagawa station and then took the bus over to the Sky lounge building.

This was my 4th Final Roundbats. The turnout was pretty average. Some old regulars were there as well as some guys I never met before. Everyone seemed pretty chill. Everyone brought some booze and we all sorta shared. Tokido came again as well.

The tournament ended up getting 10 entrants. I won my first match against Scott Popular who picked Rose so we played a mirror match. I won all 3 rounds and in the 3rd round we got into a little Rose ball match which was pretty funny. Matt had to fight Tokido first round and got peaced out. My 2nd match was vs Jude's Claw. He usually beats me in casuals but I took him out in the tournament this time which was surprising cuz I dont usually do very well in that matchup. I think Emmet won his first match and then lost his 2nd match but I forgot who he lost to. My 3rd match was vs Tokido in the Semi Finals and this time he just tore into me pretty good and i didnt win any rounds (and he was rocking his new Murder Face T-shirt with the off center
on the back). Then I had to fight the battle for 3rd place against a guy I just met today but his name escapes me. For some reason my mind is drawing a blank but I think he used Guile or T Hawk or something. In any case, I won, so I got 3rd place. The finals were Tokido vs umm..... once again I forgot but Tokido won, and with this victory, he now had too many points to be contested and will oficially be going to Final Round 2011 for free. Im sure everyone is extremely shocked (lol...)

After the tournament was over, lots of casuals were played, lots of alcohol was consumed, and lots of pizza was eaten. It was fun. Also, someone showed up who I hadnt seen in a long time. There used to be this white dude named Ryan who used to play Bridget at Las Vegas game center all the time back in the day when that arcade still existed. I hadnt seen him since it closed down but he just randomly showed up to this thing. After Matt and I realized who he was, we convinced them to let us play a little GG and take a break from SSFIV for a while. I rocked it out with Faust and went undefeated for the time we played. It was fun but the TV was just a little laggy.

At 10 pm we packed the party up and everyone headed out. A couple of the guys went with us to Current after that. It was packed at first and then died down after a couple hours so we went to PSY. PSY got pretty packed actually and it was fun times. Right before PSY closed Andy showed up with this one other ALT guy who I dont really know and they said they just got back from drinking in Roppongi all night. Andy just showed up cuz he had pre ordered Arcana Heart 3 special collectors edition in Akihabara and he wanted us to pick it up for him tomorrow cuz he was about to go home. So he gave us the pre order ticket and headed out.

Then Matt and I went to Tokyo Loose after PSY closed with Mandy and Indian dude. Matt was getting sleepy but I wanted to keep drinking cuz I wasnt tired at all for some reason. Some random Candian dudes were there and were being cool and bought Matt a Redbull which woke him up and then we chilled there for a bit longer. Some fat Korean chick who didnt speak English OR Japanese was trying to hit on me and trying to get me to type stuff into her iphone so it would translate into Korean lol. Some other girl tried to get me to buy her a drink and i just kept messing with her asking her why I would want to and she was bad at convincing me. Also, some chick like stuck her whole entire head inside antother girls shirt for like a good whole minute so it looked like the other chick had one giant boob and one normal boob and it was pretty funny.

In the end, we stayed at Tokyo loose until like 10 am which is rediculous. Matt was hungry so he convinced us to get some Indian food across the street with Mandy and Indian dude. At this point I started falling asleep while eating but I finished it and then we split and headed to the manga kissa.

This might also be a drinking record. The Final Roundbats started at like 4:30 pm and we started drinking when we got there. We finished drinking the next day at 10 am... so thats like around 17 and a half hours of drinking. Probably not very healthy but somehow I didnt pass out the whole time until eating the curry at the end and somehow the next day I didnt wake up with a hangover.

After waking up, Matt and I headed to Akihabara. We didnt eat yet so we wanted kebabs. We could have gotten the good ones we always get but they are at and out door stand and it was cold, so we tried finding an indoor kebab place cuz I could have sworn I saw one there before. We walked around a bit and eventually the only other kebab place we saw was another stand. At this point we just wanted to eat so we just said fuck it and ordered there. This place had all kinds of weird stuff like tortilla kebabs and kebab burgers and kebab subs and stuff. Matt ordered a mashed potato kebab which I had never seen before. I just got a classic one. One thing that bothered me was the meet towards the bottom of the bit kebab chunk of meat thingy where they shave it off (whatever the hell you call it) looked a little under cooked. I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt and just got it anyway. We ate our food on some steps nearby and then we went shopping for a bit.

Matt was looking for a PSP cuz he wanted to buy one but after going to like 5 stores they were all sold out. I guess Monster Hunter raped everyones PSP supplies. I also picked up Andy's AH3 for him.

After that, we headed to old Club Sega to play some SSFIV AE. Emmet joined us there eventually as well. I did good for the most part and the only guy that was really giving me a lot of trouble there was this annoying Seth player. I lost to him like 7 times or something and just couldnt beat him but kept getting really close. I was beating most other people up that I played though. Also, Isa was just randomly there playing BB and said hi to me briefly.

Eventually it was about time to go home so the 3 of us headed out and rode the train back together. We ate some combini food on the train.

Late that night at like 3 am or something, I woke up with a bad stomach ache. I went diarhea a bunch of times and threw up and so I knew something was wrong. I woke up the next morning to go to work with a fever so I called in sick. Ryoko took me to the doctor later that day and he said I had a norovirus. I felt like shit for the next couple days. I ended up taking the whole week off of work mostly just bumming around the house and sleeping for the most of it. Today is Friday as I type this and I am finally back to 100% health and am back at work again.

I dunno why but I just always seem to get sick around this time of year. I dunno where I got sick from but it was probably the Indian place or the kebab place in Akiba. Either way I wont be going to either of those places again. Hopefully I wont get sick again for a while.

Today after work I will be heading back to Tokyo again with Matt and Emmet for another weekend of fun.

No comments: