Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Too Late

Just gonna sum this one up kinda quick cuz I dont feel like typing right now.

It's been 2 weeks since I last wrote. Matt is back in the US again now. Last weekend we just stayed and drank in Gunma so I didnt bother typing cuz there was nothing really interesting to mention.

Friday I headed to Tokyo. I was expecting Emmet to get on at his stop but he didnt and instead Bloodbath got on. He was heading to Tokyo to visit his girlfriend so he rode the rest of the way with me. Emmet mailed me saying he just missed the train and would catch the next one. On the way there Bloodbath's girl mailed him asking if he wanted to go to a yakiniku tabehodai and nomihodai. He asked if Emmet and I would be down. After a bunch of confusion about schedules, we all finally agreed that the 4 of us would go.

We waited for Emmet to arrive in Ikebukuro at a bar and got a beer. Then when he arrived I went to get him and we met up with the others at the restaurant. The food was good. I had a lot of beer. It was a 2 hour package.

After we left there, Emmet and I went to Current, which ended up being dead. Then we went to PSY and it was a little better. We stayed till closing. I wasnt planning to stay out any later but Mandy and the Indian Guy wanted to go to Tokyo Loose and Emmet hadnt been there in a while so they convinced me to go for one beer.

Loose was pretty lame as always. Full of skanks and people I probably wouldnt like. After that we went to sleep at the manga kissa.

I didnt get much sleep at woke up JUST in time to make it to Mikado in time for today's Johnny-o cup singles tournament. Emmet went with. Lots of the big name heavy hitters were there today. I got a couple practice games in and shortly after, they called my match. My first match was against some Dizzy player I dont know. I beat him up and advanced to round 2.

I played a few more practice games against various people. I was doing pretty well but felt a bit rusty. My 2nd match ended up being against Taku's SL. We were gonna play RPS to determine sides but then he just told me to pick a side cuz he didnt care. The first round was going well and i had a lead starting out. I got him down to about less than half life and was zoning pretty good but eventually he got in and I died to some big combos. 2nd round I pulled out a win. 3rd round I just got raped after he started the round out with a connected gold burst and I ate some huge combos.

I think in the end, Mitsurugi ended up winning the tournament with his Zappa.

After that, I just played more casuals. Emmet left to go meet his girlfriend in Shibuya. I played more casuals and then suddenly Emmet showed up like an hour or 2 later. I asked him why he was back and he said he just broke up with his girlfriend. I dont know all the details but I guess he wasnt too happy with her and she said she would be really busy from now on and wouldnt get to see him much so they broke up. After a little more casuals, Emmet left for Roppongi to go to an international party. I played some more casuals of GG and like a total of 3 games of SSFIV. I fought Ririko a bunch and was doing well vs her. I fought Satou like 3 times and couldnt beat him.

Eventually Bloodbath messaged me saying he wanted to go drinking with us and his girl. Around 9 pm I headed out and waited for them in front of Tokyo station. They were taking a while to get there and I ended up drinking a whole 180 ml bottle of whiskey while I waited. I also grabbed an Idaho burger from McDonalds (this burger is legit as fuck, you should try it if you get a chance). I met up with them and then we headed to Current.

Current was dead as hell. We stayed for like 2 beers and then went to PSY. At PSY it was packed all night cuz it was Yukio's birthday party. They were playing AKB48 music videos with the sound off on the big screen most of the night on loop, lol. Bloodbath and his girl stayed till about 11:30 or 12 and then decided to go home before the last train. Emmet showed up a bit after that after I told him there were girls at the bar lol. Pachi also showed up to drink with us for the night.

PSY was fun times. However, Emmet wanted to go back to Tokyo Loose to try to pick up chicks and Pachi agreed so I just tagged along. This was pretty early (maybe around 3 am). Loose wasnt as bad as some nights, and we discovered the fact that they have hookahs there! I love smooking hookahs so we got one (it was only like 2000 yen so split 3 ways thats not bad) with some apple tobacco. I was buzzing pretty hard off of it.

Eventually after we all agreed that Loose sorta sucked, we went to some izakaya which ended up also being dead. Pachi went home at like 5:00 or something and then Emmet decided he wanted to give PSY another try. I went back with him and was only planning so stay till the usual closing time of 6. There were still TONS of people there and they ended up staying open till passed 7. I lost track of time and by the time I ended up going to sleep at the manga kissa it was like almost 8 or something.

This resulted in me not getting much sleep and I also didnt feel very good. I was sorta hungover and had a bad stomach ache. The problem was that today's Johnny-o cup tournament was in Kawagoe which is like an hour train ride away. I timed it so that I figured I would pretty much make it just on time. As I was on the train about one stop away with 5 minutes to spare, I decided to mail Woody the TE player cuz hes always there. I asked him if he could sign up for me. Then, when I got to Kawagoe I ran from the station to the arcade. I got inside and the tournament had JUST started. I tried checked the signup sheet and my name was not on it. Then I tried to sign up but the staff dude said I was too late. Then Woody came up to me apolagizing saying he tried but that by the time I mailed him they just stopped taking sign ups and he said next time I should mail him sooner. Hes probably right. I just figured they would be more lenient on the time since Mikado always starts shit like 10-15 minutes late. I guess I have no one to blame but myself, but the fact that I came all that way and missed the tournament and was already feeling like shit left me feeling pretty salty. I tried to play a single game of SSFIVAE against some Chun-Li player. I took him down to the last round and lost by like one hit and then I suddenly just lost all desire to play anything. I decided I might as well just go home early.

I tried to email Ryoko to see if she could meet up with me. She didnt reply till I was already on the way home but it turned out shes having a sort of family emergency and her father is very ill, so she couldnt meet up with me. So, I just got home around 8 pm, ate dinner, and went to bed early cuz I still felt like shit.

Ive had a bad cold all week and even had a minor fever on Monday. As of now (Wednesday) my cold is getting better and I think I should be back to normal by the weekend. I still have no actual plans for the coming 3 day weekend so I guess Ill see how it turns out. I just wish I could have entered that one tournament, and I need to stop staying out so damn late drinking when I know I have stuff to do the next day.

No comments: