Friday, March 18, 2011

Johnny-o Cup tournament put on hold

Well, for those of you who were looking forward to the Johnny-o cup vids, unfortunately it has been delayed until an undetermined date. In all honesty, I am glad it was because I doubt I would be able to go there anyway seeing as how the regular JR trains are still not running in my town. The constant black outs in Tokyo would also make it difficult to run the event. Mikado is currently open for business but the event is being put on hold.

This weekend will be a 3 day weekend. Theres not really anything I can do. I need to conserve my gas supply and trains are not running, so I pretty much am going to sit on my couch for the next 3 days with a few bottles of whiskey and will be checking the news constantly for updates on the Fukushima reactor situation. As of now, radiation levels in Gunma are not dangerous. Many foreign embassies are advising citizens to evacuate Japan. I am going to stay until things end up extremely bad. If need be, I can drive to the Shinkansen station in about 15 minutes and flee to Osaka with Ryoko. I honestly hope it doesnt come down to that but for now they SEEM to be keeping the problem under control. I will be watching things carefully in the next few days. I hope everyone who was affected by this bullshit is doing ok and wish them the best of luck.

No comments: