Tuesday, October 30, 2007

09-17-2007 First time in Roppongi, Club Sega 3 on 3

Yea Asahi super dry is everywhere out here, it seems to be the average Japanese persons beer of choice, though out of the main common macrobreweries out here (Asahi, Kirin, Sapporo, Santory) I think I prefer Kirin the most, they made an excellent grand ale and dark lager. But Luckely there are lots of good mircro breweries in Japan, theres even one in my town called Tsukiyono craft beer, they make an Ale, Pilsner, Hefeweizen, and Dark Lager. There are many bars in Tokyo that have really good beer on tap but drinking at good bars is so expensive, most places charge 1000 yen per beer.

So yea, I ended up going to Roppongi for the first time, there were indeed lots of bars and lots of skanks. It was pretty fun though, found a good bar called the Hobgoblin that had tons of great brews on tap.

I went to the tournament in Shinjuku on Monday, it was a 3 on 3. Ogawa's team won again (big surprise). This tournament was too serious, EVERYONE there was fucking good, there wasnt a single scrub in the whole tournament, and there was probably like 60 people. I teamed up with the same testament player as last time H2, and we also teamed up with an Eddie player named Zero (note: this is not the same HOS player Zero). We got OCVed by a Dizzy player, named Kazuki. He was really good and got far but later he got beat by Inoue. before, during, and after the tournament I played tons of casuals. I actaully beat FAB...... sorta. In Japan, the rounds are always set to 3 rounds instead of 2 rounds for casuals, I beat FAB the first 2 rounds, then the 3rd round he had one pixel left but came back and then won the next 2 rounds after that Same thing actually happened against Nakamura except Nakamura had more than a pixel left in the 3rd round. I did well against Nanashi too but didnt beat him. I beat some other really good people but I dont know everyones names yet, there were just so many people. I also spent hours the days before at Akihabara playing casuals, lots of top tier players there as well, lots of the same guys. Oh and btw... theres a Krispy Kreme in Shinjuku, I walked there before the tournament started on Monday cuz i wanted to buy some fucking doughnuts but there was TONS of fucking people outside and there was an hour and a half wait just to get inside the store! Insane...

No comments: